Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us if you have any further questions
WHAT DOES KUDA INSURE
- All species of game for capture, transit and ARM within the borders of South Africa
- All species of game for capture, transit and ARM for the export market.
- We have the flexibility to tailor-make the cover that you require.
IS THERE A STANDARD RATE APLLIED TO ALL ANIMALS AND OWNERS?
- No, every species poses a different risk and the rates differ, the rates will also differ from one owner to the next depending on what you require and how well equipped you are to help mitigate the risks associated with the animals.
HOW SURE CAN I BE THAT MY CLAIM WILL BE SETTLED BY KUDA?
Kuda Insurance Administrators (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider, and therefor governed by the Financial Services Board. Insurance is underwritten by Infiniti Insurance Ltd who must meet stringent capital requirements in order to insure game in South Africa. Risk is further managed by means of a programme of re-insurance underwritten by Lloyds of London.
You can be rest assured that your claim will be honoured.
PART OWNERSHIP – CAN I INSURE MY SHARE?
Yes. Syndication is now a very regular form of ownership and each individual shareholder can insure each share separately.
WILL MY GAME HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS TO INSURE?
- Age-Most game species are insurable at the normal rates through to maturity age. Older animals in good health can be insured, but the annual cost of the insurance will increase each year as they get older.
- Value- Kuda prides itself for having capacity to cover very high value animals and will help you structure insurance to cover all your breeding herds if the need is there. Kuda works on the agreed value basis for animals which were born on your farm or which has matured since purchase and requires cover.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BEGIN INSURANCE COVERAGE ON MY GAME?
Simply phone, email our office or make use of our “Request a Quote” form on our homepage. We will send you the necessary application forms and also let you know if a report needs to be completed by your veterinarian. If your animal/s has had prior health abnormalities, a vet exam may be required to provide full details of the prior incidents and confirmation of full recovery. If all information is in order, interim coverage can usually be bound immediately.
HOW CAN I JUSTIFY THE VALUE FOR INSURANCE ON MY ANIMALS?
If this is a recent purchase, the purchase price will be the amount of coverage accepted by the insurance company for your insurance policy. If your purchase occurred in the past, we will need to agree with you on the value to be insured. This is called the agreed value principle and factors like current market value for same species and horn lengths and blood line are some to be considered and agreed upon.
HOW DO I MAKE A CLAIM?
Notifying any injury or illness promptly is the owner’s responsibility. Failure to quickly notify Kuda may jeopardise any future claim on your policy. The procedure is to notify Kuda of any injury or illness and obtain veterinary attention. If the animal dies you should also notify Kuda immediately and you will need a post mortem with identification recorded by an independent veterinarian. As the owner, you are required to complete a claim form. Your vet also is required to do the same.
WHERE CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?
Your policy contract is an extremely important document defining what is covered as well as all relevant information that you agree to by insuring your animal with Kuda.
We are also more than happy to answer any questions or queries you may have. Simply get in touch!